Intuit has announced changes to the current ProAdvisor pricing program. The existing wholesale discount program is being retired effective July 15, 2021 and is being replaced by ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing.
The Preferred Pricing structure applies to new clients, upgrades and downgrades for the following QuickBooks products:
- QuickBooks Online – Simple Start, Essentials, Plus and Advanced
- QuickBooks Online Payroll – Core, Premium and Elite
- QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) – Premium and Elite
QuickBooks Online pricing updates
On June 1, Intuit announced upcoming price increases for three QuickBooks Online products.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials will increase from $40 to $50 per month.
- QuickBooks Online Plus will increase from $70 to $80 per month.
- QuickBooks Online Advanced will increase from $150 to $180 per month.
- There are no changes to QuickBooks Online Self-Employed or Simple Start pricing.
The prices above will be effective on or after:
July 15, 2021
- Intuit will no longer accept new wholesale accounts
- All new accounts will be priced per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
August 1, 2021
- Existing direct-billed QBO customers will be billed per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
- Bill dates will be rolling based on the monthly billing date
September 1, 2021
- Existing accountant-billed QBO subscriptions will be billed per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
- Customers added prior to July 15, 2021 maintain wholesale discount
What will you gain from QuickBooks Online pricing updates?
Price increases enable Intuit to constantly reinvest in their ecosystem of products and accelerate innovations based on customer feedback. Some recent innovations for QuickBooks Online include:
- Bill Pay*: an embedded bill pay capability that gives you more flexibility to pay bills online from QuickBooks.
- Tagging: create custom tags and reports to understand where you’re spending money and how you can be more profitable.
- QuickBooks Cash: a small business bank account with no monthly fees, industry-leading APY (annual percentage yield), and Instant Deposit* at no extra cost, if eligible.
To learn more, see what’s new in QuickBooks.
*Bill Pay. Bill Pay services powered by Melio with funds held by Evolve Bank & Trust or Silicon Valley Bank (members of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve). Requires a Melio account and acceptance of their Terms of Service and Privacy Statement. Subject to additional terms, conditions, and fees.
*Instant deposit. Instant deposit is an additional service offered by QuickBooks Payments subject to eligibility criteria. Standard payment processing fees apply to each transaction. Deposits are sent to the bank account linked to your QuickBooks Debit Card or, at your election, another eligible debit card in up to 30 minutes from the initiation of the deposit. Deposit times may vary for third party delays.
Intuit announced these changes through emails sent to accountants and via an article on the Firm of the Future blog.