You may think that it seems early to be hearing about the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop and you would be right, but Intuit is indeed releasing news about the upcoming line of products ahead of next month’s scheduled actual product release. QuickBooks ProAdvisors and Accounting Professionals will also begin today receiving email notifications containing essentially the same information outline in this article, and a Firm of the Future Blog with FAQs will also be published.
Intuit is providing this information in advance to accounting professionals and QuickBooks ProAdvisors so they are aware of the changes ahead of the actual release in order that they might be ready to answer questions their clients might have when they start hearing the news or seeing advertising, especially as it relates to the areas of subscription options, retail availability, and product discounting.
Once the new product line-up is released next month, you can expect:
Greater emphasis on subscription options
Starting this fall, Intuit will be encouraging customers to select one of their QuickBooks Desktop Plus subscription offerings. It’s the product you know and love with a subscription that unlocks additional benefits including:
- Unlimited customer support at no additional charge (a $299 annual value)1
- Automatic data backup and recovery at no additional charge (a $99 annual value)2
- Access to the latest version, with the latest features, security patches, and support for 3rd party operating system changes
- New for 2021: Automatically create and categorize receipt expense transactions using the QuickBooks Desktop Mobile App3
- Optional: Add-on discounted cloud-based remote access4
All QuickBooks Desktop 2021 customers can expect more automation to save time and boost productivity with features including (but not limited to):
- Improved bank feeds5
- Automatically send statements
- Customize payment receipts
- Create rule-based customer groups
Changes in retail availability
Starting next month, you’ll only find Intuit’s annually-renewed QuickBooks Desktop Plus subscription products on Retail Store shelves. Intuit will continue to offer one-time purchase products on Intuit’s website, through online retailers, or by calling Intuit’s sales team.
New discounts for you and your clients
Intuit strives to provide their best pricing to accounting professionals. Next month, you’ll see a new 25% discount on the first year for Desktop Plus subscriptions,6 and a 10% discount on one-time purchase products.7 These discounts will be available by calling Intuit’s Accountant Sales Team at 888-250-7279.
Want to find out more…
If you are looking for more details like “What’s the difference between QuickBooks Desktop Pro retail software and a QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus subscription”, or how you can transition from a retail desktop product to a subscription version, then make certain to check out Intuit’s Firm of the Future Blog with related FAQs.
Please see the official Intuit footnotes and disclaimers below for specific information as it relates to the information above.
Official Intuit Footnotes and Disclaimers:
- Standard business hours are 6am-6pm Mon-Fri; 6am-3pm Sat (PST). Hours apply to phone support for Pro, Premier, Standard, Plus and Enterprise, and messaging for Pro, Premier, Standard and Plus. Enterprise messaging access available 24/7. Community access available for all products 24/7. Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Access to messaging with live experts or call back features requires a QuickBooks Care Plan, and internet connection. Care plan is included with Standard, Plus and Enterprise subscriptions. A la carte Annual Care Plan MSRP $299.95, price subject to change. Customers who purchased 24/7 support plans prior to 12/1/2019 date will be grandfathered in until their first renewal date (either monthly or annual).
- Standalone Intuit Data Backup MSRP $99.95 per year or MSRP $9.95 per month for a-la-carte purchases. Entire PC is limited to 100GB total storage which includes all 45 days of backup you have stored. Data encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption. Requires internet access for backup, restore and setup changes and comes bundled with Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise subscriptions. Not available to QuickBooks for Mac or QuickBooks Online users. Not intended as a file transfer, remote access solution for your QuickBooks file. Intuit Data Protect is not intended as a HIPAA solution and its use will not assist with or ensure HIPAA compliance. Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Subject to change at any time without notice. Data Recover Service: Coverage begins at the time of enrollment and ends upon cancellation of stated term length + 30 days from cancellation date to be able to recover your backup data.
- Requires a Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise subscription. Must have the QuickBooks Desktop App installed on a camera enabled mobile device using Android 5.0 (API level 21, Lollipop or onwards), or iOS 13 or later. Requires internet connection. Works only with expense receipts, not inventory item receipts.
- Hosting is powered by Right Networks. Available for subscription customers with hosting add-on or Enterprise + hosting bundle. Subject to availability of reliable internet connection. Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year. Licensing and/or subscriptions for third-party applications are not included and would be provided by the vendor. Additional fees may apply. See detailed list of plans and add-ons at https://www.rightnetworks.com/plans-and-add-ons/. Some QuickBooks functionality may be limited within the hosting environment. See detailed list of systems requirements at https://www.rightnetworks.com/system-requirements/. For more information about the benefits and pricing of hosting call 1-800-446-8848.
- Pro and Premier customers may download data from participating banks until May 2024. This date does not apply to Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise customers. Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Discount applied to the annual price for QuickBooks Desktop Plus subscription for the first year of service, starting from the date of enrollment, followed by the then-current annual list price. If we have a valid payment card on file, your account will automatically be charged on an annual basis until you cancel. If you add or remove services, your service fees will be adjusted accordingly. Sales tax may be applied where applicable. To be eligible for this offer you must be an accounting professional and sign up for the annual plan by calling 888-250-7279. This offer is available for a limited time only and can’t be combined with any other QuickBooks offers. To cancel your subscription at any time go to camps.intuit.com or call 800-591-0302. Your cancellation will become effective at the end of the annual billing period. You will not receive a pro-rated refund. Subscription plans require Internet access, product registration, and an Intuit account. Terms, conditions, pricing, special features, and service and support options subject to change without notice.
- Discount available for a limited time only. To take advantage of this offer, call 888-250-7279. Must purchase directly from Intuit. Limit one per customer and cannot be combined with any other Intuit offer. Shipping and handling charges may apply.
Original Source: Insightful Accountant Blog