July is peak barbecue season, and we can’t wait to share what we’ve been cooking up over here. Catch up on sizzling hot news and upgrades while you wait for your grill to work its magic!
What’s new in July
In a nutshell: Streamline document sharing and bookkeeping with improvements to document management and folder structures in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Move and delete documents in bulk.
- Create contextual notes associated with documents and share among accountants.
- Set a document type—bank statement, tax document, or loan statement, for example—for easier organization.
- Ability to view request attached with the file from the Shared Documents list.
Reorder reports quickly and easily, right from the Reports page of the Management Report.
- Reorder intuitively on the Reports page of the Management Report.
- Replace reports inline by clicking on a report tile and selecting a report from the drop-down menu.
- View up to 12 reports for easy reordering.
- Delete icon now appears inline to enable quick reordering.
In a nutshell: Starting early August, you’ll be able to customize the business overview dashboard to quickly view the widgets that are most relevant to you.
We understand that the way widgets appear on your dashboard impacts the way you work. So to make navigation easier, we’re enabling customization of the dashboard experience, allowing you to reorder and/or resize the insight widgets to your preference.
Make it your own:
- Reorder widgets by dragging and dropping the widget to the desired location on the dashboard.
- Resize some widgets on the dashboard by clicking on the handle to resize vertically or horizontally. For this release, the Cash Flow forecast and Invoicing widgets can be resized horizontally, and the Bank Accounts widget can be resized vertically.
Dashboard customization is currently unavailable on the mobile app.
In a nutshell: Starting this month, QuickBooks Online business view users can customize their left navigation menu to complete tasks faster.
By using the customization feature, users can choose to show menu items they want to see in the order of their desired priority, and have quick access to pages they frequently visit.
Start tasks with fewer clicks:
- Hide menu items you don’t regularly use to make more room for more important menu items. Hidden menu items can be retrieved when you need them.
- Reorder menu items on the left navigation menu so you can choose to display commonly used ones at the top of your left navigation menu for easy access.
- Reorder bookmarks to suit your priorities, so that you always have your most visited pages at the top of your Bookmarks list.
Take control of the left navigation menu:
In a nutshell: You’ve had multiple ways to add payroll for your clients. Now, the ability to add payroll for any of your clients is available in the Billing and Subscription section of QuickBooks Online Accountant. This updated experience elevates the value of having an accountant, as your clients will only be able to unlock exclusive offers through you.
For your clients, the option to add payroll still exists through payroll in the left navigation, but without access to accountant discounts. Instead, they’ll be prompted to connect with you (their accountant) for more competitive subscription offers.
As an accountant, if you attempt to add payroll through your client’s view, please note that you will now be directed back to the Billing and Subscriptions section in QuickBooks Online Accountant to access your exclusive offers.
In a nutshell: Starting this month, multifactor authentication is coming to QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Intuit® is committed to securing your information by providing advanced security tools and systems. Multifactor authentication (MFA) is a layer of added security on top of the usual password requirement to verify your identity with a unique, one-time code sent on the phone number associated with your account.
You may have already experienced this additional identity verification when signing in or connecting your company bank account to QuickBooks Online. Now, you’ll see this security measure applied to sensitive payroll workflows to further secure financial data and employee identity.
- Certain sensitive information will now be masked for security.
- You may be required to authenticate your identity once per session when looking to add, edit, or view sensitive information.
- To verify it’s you, we’ll send a one-time password (OTP) to your account’s phone number (by text or call) that must be entered in the on-screen prompt. Once authenticated, you can view, edit, or add sensitive information.
You can get ready for this security enhancement by making sure your phone number is correct and up to date. To view or update your phone number on file, please sign in to https://accounts.intuit.com/ and follow the steps below.
- Go to Sign In & Security.
- Select the Verify link beside the phone number.
- Select the Change link beside the phone number.
- Update your phone number and select Save.
- Choose how you would like to receive the OTP, then select Continue.
- Enter the code in the provided field. Upon verification, you’ll see the status updated to Verified.
If the phone number isn’t yours, you have a couple of options. If you’re the main payroll contact, ask your primary admin to update the current number. Or you can have them add you as a new user with your sign-in and contact info. Find out more
For more information on the new layer of security, check out this article.
In a nutshell: A convenient side drawer allows you to keep the context of the page you are viewing while previewing how new accounts will fit into your existing chart of accounts.
The new add account drawer replaces the pop-up Add account window, guiding you with icons and simpler text to create new accounts. The new experience matches what business view users have had for some time, and now enables accountant view users to access more functionality, including gadding parent accounts, merging accounts, and more.
Original article from the Firm of the Future Blog